Monday, July 29, 2013

LISTENING//July was the festival month. I scoured my predominantly black wardrobe for anything rainbow or fringed, slipped on a pair of Lennon-inspired sunnies, and set off to the muddy fields of Yelgun for the glorious Splendour in the Grass experience. There I rediscovered my love for Laura Marling, who was perfect with her captivating melodies, colourful voice, and English Rose looks. She is currently touring Australia, performing in churches around the country (that means gigs are all ages!) Check her out if you have the chance, she was truly sublime.

 WATCHING//British TV sensation, Skins, has returned to our screens and I am one of many excited teens. A fan since that cherished first generation, I am glad to see that the show has escaped from it's questionable seasons 5 and 6, and returned to it's former brilliance. I loved seeing Effie Stonem all grown up in Skins Fire, the first of the three part series which will reveal life after high school for not only her, but the much loved Cassie and the rather disliked Cook.

 READING//I recently read J.D Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye for the first time and regret not having done it sooner! I adored following Holden back to New York City, and found his often sad, always pensive outlook on life so incredibly relatable. I'll definitely be rereading this very soon.

 EATING//The Byron Shire offers a multitude of healthy eating options, all of which I am attempting to taste during my two week stay. Stop No.1 was Manna Haven, which is situated next to the Seventh Day Adventist church in Byron's main street. While the food isn't 100% organic, it is 100% tasty; I had what was possibly the yummiest veggie patties of my life (the Longevity patties), followed by a dark cacao hot chocolate made on almond milk (for which there was no extra charge!) YUM.

WEARING//My new faux leather vest from TRIPP NYC (via Urban Outfitters) Oversized and full of attitude, I layer it over anything and everything, from summer dresses in bright Indian hues to grungy tartan blouses worn against lush, monochrome florals.

No comments:

Post a Comment