Saturday, March 30, 2013


Easter is one of those holidays I've always struggled to understand. As a non-Christian, it never meant much besides eating chocolate before 8am and wearing atrocious headgear in my school's annual 'Hat Parade'. Now that I am older, wiser, and allowed to eat chocolate whenever I bloody well like, Easter has faded away to being little more than a nuisance; it's impossible to go shopping on Good Friday, and my favourite local café is closed for the long weekend, which means going cold turkey on my coffee addiction.

That said, I am one for positivity, so today, despite years of skimming over Easter celebrations, I decided to go all out and embrace a forgotten holiday.

As I've mentioned, for me Easter is all about eating, so I went to my local Coles and stocked up on chocolate eggs and speculaas cookies (YUM!!), plus ingredients to whip up my favourite meal of all time: Goats Cheese, Pumpkin, and Spinach Lasagne.


 


I was hoping for picnic weather, but unfortunately Melbourne has decided to go into a permanent state of rain. This turned out  to be a blessing in disguise; I spent the day in the warmth of the kitchen, dancing around to The Kooks and the Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging soundtrack.



I picked up this kimono yesterday at the Chapel Street Bazaar and it is perfect for lazing around the house in; it made my the whole day feel like a breakfast-in-bed moment, which is exactly how Easter should be. It's yet to be lined, but I love the bright floral pattern, the cut, and those special details that often come with vintage pieces, like the hand stitched seams. It was apparently made in the 1950s.



Hope you all had a brilliant day and got nice and chubby on chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment