Monday, August 5, 2013












The holidays are coming to an end and, despite 13 years of eagerly awaiting school throughout each 2 week break, I can't help but feel a little sad about returning to uni.
It's not that I don't enjoy my course- this semester I'm taking English literature and history, both of which I am very excited about. It's just that being here, in the surprisingly sunny Byron Shire, makes me think about all the things I'm missing out on by living in the city. I'd forgotten how much I love nature, whether I be walking along the beach or trekking through lush rainforest. I just love being outdoors
This fact was confirmed when I went and stayed with my best friend, Aleesia, who is now living in the green hills of the hinterland on a little farm called Cloverdale. We walked under the stars, drank mulled wine made with homegrown oranges, and basked in the morning sun. It was perfection.
Now that I have rediscovered all that nature has to offer, I am going to try my very hardest to cling to it. I'm going to read in the park, go for long walks, and take the time to drive out to the beach or the bush. 

It's just too beautiful and too special to miss out on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment